Stay safe with the following tips*:
1. Babies and toddlers should avoid direct sunlight, especially in the first year.
2. Avoid the midday sun (between 11am and 3pm).
3. Appropriate clothing (with UV protection):
- sun hat (with neck protection)
- long, thin trousers
- long-sleeved, loose T-shirt
- shoes or baby socks
- sunglasses, when the child is old enough
4. Before going out, apply special children’s sun cream to all unprotected areas of skin such as the backs of hands, face and neck.
5. Stay as much as possible under umbrellas or sun sails.
Remember that you only notice sunburn when the damage is already done. With these tips, you and your child will be kept safe! This is not just for on holiday at the beach but whenever you are outdoors when the sun is shining.